Monday, December 15, 2008

FUN FILLED WEEKEND!

This weekend we had so much going on which I was totally dreading, but it turned out to be super fun!! On Friday night, we were invited to a block party with some families from our ward. There are about 5 families from church that live in our tiny little neighborhood so we thought it would fun to get together. It was great to just hang out and get to know everyone. Unfortunately, we couldn't stay too long because I promised my sister I would make Hunter's birthday cake for his first birthday party on Saturday. So when we got home, I started his lamb smash cake as well as the sheet cake for everyone else. I stayed up super late trying to get things done, but still had to turn around and wake up super early to finish them both off. Thank goodness the party didn't start until 2pm because I needed every minute I got to finish. (P.S. For those of you who don't know, I work way better under tons of pressure so I usually wait until the last minute to do everything which usually leaves me running around like my head is cut off!) Meanwhile, Billy was baking cookies for our ward Christmas party that was that night, getting Logan ready and helping me with everything else. We got to Crystal's and they loved both cakes which was all that mattered to me! It was a great party and Hunter was so stinkin cute the whole time! We were totally bummed because we had to leave early (again) so we could get to the church to set up for the Christmas party. I am so grateful for the other couple who are on the activities committee because they really did most of the stuff. We also got tons of help from people who arrived early so thankfully everything got done just in time! The party turned out great and I think that everyone really enjoyed themselves! On Sunday, I had to do some stuff for work while Billy and Logan went to church. Afterwards, we went to my sister's house and had an early Christmas dinner with them and Scotty's parents. It was so yummy! Then we decided to go to Opportunity Village which is this huge place that has a forest of lights, a train, carousal, etc. We got there and it was FREEZING!! Crystal and her family ended up leaving early, but Billy, Logan and I stayed until we got to ride everything. Logan was kind of whiny because he was so cold and tired, but it was a blast! :) I can't wait till next weekend!!!


Hunter eating his yummy birthday cake!


Scotty & Hunter, Crystal, and Billy and Logan riding the train!


Logan riding the carousel. We had to let people go in front of us so we could be first to pick because he just HAD to ride the zebra! And poor little guy was so cold that he stole my scarf!



5 comments:

Lindsay said...

We went to the opportunity village thing two years and it was FREEZING too! It was hard because Sandler was only a month old, and we had to keep him super bundled up! Did you get a picture of the cake??

Bridgette said...

Isn't it funny that everything always seem to land on the same weekend?! It sounds like you handled it beautifully! Now, I really can't imagine Las Vegas getting that cold! What was it 65?! hehe Love ya!
Bridgette

Larsens said...

That place is SOOO COLD! When I think of really cold weather..I think of opportunity village.I think I have a pic of Maddie on that same horse freezing her butt off(:

jessenpetty said...

HOW FUN!! I love the holidays! There is so much to do and it's usually with family and friends! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! Glad you guys had such a fun time! Thanks for sharing your pictures too! You two look good! Miss you tons!

The Nance Family said...

I love your new background, the heading picture is way cute too. Sounds like you are staying busy. Tis the season.