Friday, September 25, 2009

DR'S APPT!

So I took the kids into see the dr. for Bailey's 4 month check up and Logan's 4 year check up. I thought we would be in and out pretty quickly, but little did I know. Bailey was an angel of course. She finally gained some wait coming in at a whopping 15lbs. She had to get 3 shots, but for the most part took it pretty well. Turns out though that she is going to to be exactly like her brother. I can't even tell you how many times I would take Logan in for a well check and they would say he had bad ear infections and I had no clue. I finally had to ask the dr. how the heck am I supposed to know if he is sick if he isn't fussy or not fevering. Of course, the dr. would reassure me that it happens, but I would still feel horribly. Well, sure enough Dr. Winkler checked Baileys ears today and she has an ear infection on both sides. :( Poor thing. Then it was Logan's turn. You would have never guessed that he was a big boy by the way he acted because he was screaming and kicking and crying the whole time. Then we found out he had to have 4 shots. HOLY COW - people probably thought we were sawing off his legs! Oh and of course he had an ear infection also!So we walked in feeling great, but then walked out with 2 ear infections, 2 prescriptions, tear stained cheeks and little legs covered in Daffy Duck bandaids. What a morning!

3 comments:

Larsens said...

Thats weird, usually drs don't give shots when a kid is sick...because their immune systems aren't at 100%. Poor little kids...I hope they get better soon!

Mandi Roth said...

You poor thing!! I guess it's good that they don't fuss a lot, but stinks that they are sick. I hope they both get better soon.

The Dell Family said...

OH no! Poor kids and POOR YOU!- hope every one is feeling better now