Tuesday, March 3, 2009

BACK AT IT AGAIN!

For those of you who don't know it, one of my favorite hobbies is to decorate cakes. I helped my sister out with her wedding cake for her reception a few years back and fell in love with the whole process. I mostly just do cakes for friends and family, but I haven't done one in forever so I was so stoked to be able to do a friend's baby shower cake this weekend. I wasnt a huge fan of all the pink and I am my own worst critic so there is definitely TONS of room for improvement, but my friend liked it! Practice makes perfect!!



All the pieces on top are made of fondant (a chewy kind of frosting). You can't see it very well in this picture, but the circles were made to look like buttons.





8 comments:

Bridgette said...

Holy Crap! You are seriously amazing! I had no idea you made cakes?! When did you start that?! I am truly amazed!

holly said...

WOW! that cake is so cute!!! i made a ladybug cake for kate's birthday....to say the least, your cake kicked my cake's butt!!!!

babytime is getting closer :)

do you have tons of girlie stuff yet??? & what do you need so i could send you something?? i do make dresses if you're interested :)

Lindsay said...

That cake is so stinkin cute!! You did a really great job! I always see my own mistakes and such, but I think your cake is perfect! And I guess you're going to have to get used to all the pink soon enough, though!

Ashley McKinnon said...

Are you kidding me? That's the cutest thing I've ever seen! I need to order a cake. Can you ship them? :):):):)

The Giffs said...

Ummm... WOW!!! I can't believe you made that cake. I kept waiting for you to say that you bought it for like $500. It's so so cute. I love it. So I'm wishing I would have asked you to make the cake for Sydney's birthday. You'll see pictures on our blog soon and you'll laugh. That is seriously beautiful. I'm very impressed. We really need to have a block party sometime soon!

The Nance Family said...

One of your many talents I did not know about, it looks so cute. How are you feeling these days?

jessenpetty said...

Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME??!!! You did that?! It looks like it was professionally made ( and I don't mean Walmart or Smith's). Movie stars pay really good money for cakes like that Jen! I have a cool cale isea for you if you want to do it for me, but I don't need it till end of September. Are you up for it?!

The Campbell's said...

my sister is a stud!!! what the heck am I going to do for your own babyshower! hehehe